Monday, January 18, 2010

Personal Response - Crisis in Haiti

For my personal response I have decided to write about the crisis happening in Haiti. After an earthquake that measured 7.0 on the richter scale hit Haiti, it is feared that as many as 200,000 people may be dead. The rest of the world is rushing in aid, but it's difficult to get it out to the people who need it. There is also fear that there will be looting and violence, as people desperately try to obtain supplies. In my attempt to help, I donated twenty dollars to the Red Cross earthquake relief effort. It is not a lot, but if many people do the same, it could help significantly. I think that because so many of us live such comfortable and fortunate lives, we don't necessarily connect with what the Haitians are going through. We need to reach out and help those who are less fortunate. Until the crisis is over, the people of Haiti will be in my thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. This is an important message. I'm glad you posted this, because if people see someone they know donate, it is easier to do the same, I know I'm going to.

    ReplyDelete