Sunday, June 6, 2010

Senior Reflection #3 - Skydiving

School is almost over and we will be graduating in just a couple of weeks, so I really wanted to do something exciting to end my last year of high school. Therefore, I decided to go skydiving! On Saturday afternoon I drove out to a place called Skydive Orange which is about 2 hours away. I was scheduled to jump at 4 PM but it was raining so I had to sit waiting anxiously for 3 hours until the storm passed. Finally at 7 PM my instructor came over and got me suited up and into the airplane and we took off. After a 15 minute plane ride up to 13000 feet, the door opened and reality hit. I watched two solo jumpers go and then it was my turn. I tried to act brave as we scuffled over to the door, but really I was just hoping I wouldn't pee my pants. There wasn't much time to think because as soon as we got to the door, we were out and falling through the sky. It was the most incredible feeling; I can't even describe it. After at least 15 seconds of falling, my instructor opened the parachute and we floated peacefully back down to Earth. I really loved the experience and I can't wait to go back and do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment