Monday, May 24, 2010

Senior Reflection #2 - College

As high school begins to wind down, I am becoming more and more excited to go to college. I will be attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida. This means that next winter, while everybody in Virginia is freezing and shoveling snow, I will be in warm 70 degree weather. :) The campus is located right in the heart of Daytona and is right next to Daytona International Airport and only a five minute walk to the beach. I am planning on majoring in Aerospace Engineering with an area of concentration in propulsion and minoring in homeland security. I will also be doing Air Force ROTC in the hopes of becoming a fighter pilot in the air force after college. That has been my dream since I was little. If that doesn't work out, I would like to use my engineering degree to design engines for jet aircraft. What attracted me to Embry-Riddle the most was the community and the atmosphere. Pretty much everything there is centered around aviation. It is also a small campus with only about 4000 students, which I preferred over larger campuses like Virginia Tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment