Sunday, May 16, 2010

Senior Reflection #1 - Air Show

Today I went to the air show at Andrew's AFB with my family. It is a really great event and I always look forward to it every year. Unfortunately we got there kind of late because of the traffic, so I missed the Army Golden Knights jump and the F/A-18 Superhornet demo, as well as some other performances. However, I did get to see many other awesome things like the F-16, the F-22, and the AV8B Harrier. The Harrier was probably the coolest because it can take off and land vertically, but my favorite plane is the F-16 so it was fun to see it actually fly. Of course the main attraction was the Blue Angels performance at the end. They were amazing, as usual. They perform maneuvers with extreme precision; there is only an 18 inch seperation between the wing tip of one jet and the canopy of another when they are in the diamond formation. My favorite part of their performance was when the two solo jets did a high speed, low altitude pass. They were going over 600 mph! Anyway, overall it was a really great day and I look forward to attending the air show again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment